Sunday, August 10, 2008

SMASHED - Ups and Downs -

My Maserati as she lay in a ditch after the accident.


Today was a day of ups and downs.... last of 3 days in the ER. While on my way to work 1.5 miles away I lost control of my Maserati only 1/2 mile from the hospital and wrecked into the ditch. My immaculate, show quality Italian sports car was totaled in milliseconds. Do I have new respect for a 400BHP Ferrari engineered engine......yes I do.

Ecstatic American Swimmers after winning Gold

After a long 12 hr shift, stiff and sore from the MVA not to mentioned some complicated patients, I came home spent. Watching the Olympics on TV was a good distraction... watching the American 4X100 Freestyle Relay team of Michael Phelps, Garrett Weber-Gale, Cullen Jones
& Jason Lezak who were considered underdogs and not expected to win against the very strong French team.

The US has not won this relay in the last 2 Olympic games. The Americans were faced with the immense pressure of not ruining Phelps' shot at snapping Mark Spitz's record of seven gold medals at the Olympics.

The victory was extra sweet for the Americans in making Bernard eat his words. Earlier this week, the French swimmer boasted that his team would "smash" the United States in the relay event. "The Americans? We're going to smash them," Bernard said. "That's what we came here for." The French team was stunned and "smashed" by the come from behind Americans. They shattered the world record by almost 4-seconds to boot.

No comments: