Friday, January 25, 2008

Requiescat In Pace Al Leake


From: STEVE JENIK <COLFAM.2@ATT.NET>
To: jpsaleeby@aol.com
Sent: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:01 pm
Subject: Al Leake

Dear Dr.Saleeby,
My name is Steve Jenik. I and my wife Julie are friends, neighbors and caretakers
for Al and Myr Leake. It is with great regret that I must inform you that Al has crossed
the final finish line in his race against cancer. He passed away, quietly, at home,
amidst family and friends on Jan., 25, 2008 @ approx 2:45 P.M.
I am being presumptious by issuing this notice, as I have no formal family approval
to do so. Yet, after searching the web and finding many references to Al, not
only his racing prowess, but his restoration work and finding your name, I hope that
this takes some burden off of Myr. I presume that you know how to contact the family.
I found the picture of your son with the pinewood derby racer. That choked me up.
I printed it out, but, my printer is not the best quality beast in the world.
Nonetheless, I intend to pass it on to Myr.

Our regards sir,
Steve and Julie

Pax et Requiem Dear Al

No comments: